9/17/10

status updates, no mo!!

i haven't done a status update in months, you may have noticed. why you ask? that's a very good question, with a couple different answers.

the first being... that last month i was supposed to do an update i completely changed my workout routine. i went from circuit training to just jogging in preperation for my first 5k (holla!). so when the day came for my measurements i got out the tape measure and ryan went to my waist first. he gave me the number and i looked at the previous month for my waist and i was an inch above that. i immediately grabbed the tape measure and said "we aren't doing this anymore!"
i totally learned a lesson from that month. if you're trying to lose weight or inches, straight cardio isn't gonna do it! for me at least. so after that month i wasn't going to track my measurements cause in my eyes, having to add to my previous numbers was a sign of failure.

the second... i came to the realization that i don't care what the scale says. ok, that's a lie. i don't care what the scale says as long as the poundage doesn't go back up to 167 or higher, which was where i started. i had long talks with myself and figured out that i just want to be STRONGER. i don't want to feel fragile in my early 30's. i didn't like the back pain i was feeling, the crunchy knees walking up stairs, the mindset that i was going to always be the "bigger friend". im sorry, but that's pathetic and i wasn't going to fall into it and let myself go!
so from now on, no more status updates! i appreciate the feedback that i received, i truly do. now i will just post about my accomplishments. i am thinking about registering for a 10k that takes place in bellingham on october 3rd. that is a great goal for me and i'm really excited for it!

another thing i've learned along the way is that i'm pretty tough. i've done things in the last 4 or 5 months that i didn't think i could do. i can now jog 3 miles without stopping, i can circuit train and keep up with jillian michaels (wow!), and i'm a helluva a lot happier!

thank you all for listening and i will be sure to post pictures after my 10k  :)

No comments: