1/10/11

the weather outside is... chilly

i have a new favorite nail color. i'm seriously in love with it... maybe a tad bit obsessed. i got it for christmas but just got around to painting my nails with it yesterday. all i've been doing since is staring at my nails... seriously!
i even thought how nice it looked against the magenta yarn i was knitting with.
...yeah, i said it.

i've noticed this once before but since it happened again today i thought i'd mention it. after painting my nails with this awesome color (chinchilly: a sleek granite gray) it's definitely on the brain. when i got dressed this morning i realized that i had, subconsciously, matched my outfit to my nail color. i'm wearing my norm of all black but with a gray striped tank... even put gray socks on this morning. is that weird? cause i don't think so!

so here's a quick pic of my nails...



as you can see it's a bit darker than in the picture from their website. it's an amazing color. it will look fab in the summer when i have a bit more color to my skin  ;)

here's the color on deck:



pictures to follow if i'm equally in love with it!

both were purchased here

3 comments:

Michelle Schraudner said...

I'm so glad you wrote this post!!! I got a manicure last summer and could never remember what shade it was, but then I read this and it was totally Chinchilly. THANK YOU!!!

shawna said...

you're very welcome. i LOVE it!

Eva said...

interesting colour! it's like a grey/lilac/blue sorta

http://bottleblack.blogspot.com