5/24/10

status update for May

this getting into shape/losing weight thing has proven to be harder than i had expected! although this past month has been great! ryan has started working out with me and i can't tell you how much it's been helping me.

highlights for month 2:
  • for my birthday (end of april) my dad bought me a bunch of new clothes. i purchased them all in a size smaller than i was for more incentive... i was able to wear the tops, dresses AND 2 pairs of the jeans in the last couple of weeks. a whole month sooner than i had expected!
  • while down at nellys we walked green lake... TWICE! i never thought i'd be able to walk almost 6 miles at one time, and it felt great!
  • i've never enjoyed jogging, ever. but this past week i thought i would give it a shot. i walk/jogged monday, tuesday, thursday and saturday! with saturday being 45 minutes of 2 minutes of jogging 3 minutes of walking, with ryan on the tommy thompson trail! it was amazing!
  • im still counting my calories and cooking healthy meals for ryan & i. he's been doing so good that when he's with the guys watching b-ball he'll eat chicken instead of hot dogs! good job babe.
  • i FINALLY got down past my 10 pound mark, and wow did it feel good!


stats so far:

march 22, 2010:


  • weight 167
  • bust 44.25
  • waist 33.5
  • hips 42
  • thigh 24.25
  • bicep 12.75

april 22, 2010:


  • weight 159
  • bust 43
  • waist 32.25
  • hips 40.5
  • thigh 23.5
  • bicep 12.75

may 22, 2010:

  • weight 156
  • bust 41.5
  • waist 30.75
  • hips 40.5
  • thigh 24.25
  • bicep 12.50
i was having a hard time with my scale this month. seems like my weight was fluctuating so much, it was completely frustrating. although i am only down 11 pounds my measurements tell an entirely different story. 3 or so inches from my bust and almost 3 from my waist definitely makes me happy! once i saw those numbers i was content with where i am. i will keep it all up and see where i am next month! i hope to be able jog at least 5 or 6 minutes at a time and i would really like to get into that bathing suit i bought!

until next month...

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Good job. This is great news. You should sign up for my Art Dash. You can do the 5k run (3.1 miles) on the Tommy Thompson Parkway. YOu can run or walk. It is on Saturday, July 31st. You get a t-shirt. Let me know if you want to get sign up. Great work.

shawna said...

thank you nicole!!
that is so funny cause i was going to write about how i want to strive to do a 5K! but obviously i forgot! i will talk to ryan about it im sure he would do it with me too.
thanks for the heads up :)

Nelly said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! Keep up the good work!! Love ya